Will has found a new hobby. Body work!! He has been spending hours on KSL searching for a new hood for his snow machine and finally found one in Ogden. He and Bren sanded it, bondo-ed it, painted and re-painted it, pin stripes and all and here are the results. Will is so proud of his workmanship that I had to post the pictures so everyone could appreciate his hard work. Now we just need to get the transmission (yeah it fell out or burned up or what ever they do) in our truck replaced so he can actually use it.
Doesn't it look great!
Bren and Will went up to Star Valley this past week to go on a fishing trip with Bren's Dad. Well needless to say they didn't make it to their destination because a deer decided to cross the road right in front of them. They ended up in a ditch on their lids. No one was injured thank goodness but the Suburban they were in was totaled. But any way, even with the big roll over of 2010 Will and Bren went on a bear hunt to catch a big one. Will shot his first bear and what a doozy it was. We are thinking of turning it into a little bath mat or even a pair of bear slippers.
This year the kids wanted to hunt their own Christmas Tree. We live really close to the Uintas and a Christmas Tree permit only costs $12.00. So what the heck, we got all dressed up in our warmest winter clothes and headed off into the mountains for a day of making memories.
We thought that taking Bren's ice-fishing sled would be a fabulous idea for not only hauling the perfect Christmas tree but also for tired little legs. Little did we know that our Christmas tree was not growing just off to the side of the road on a flat easy to follow path...
Our perfect Christmas Tree was down a big, steep, rocky hill...
Across a semi frozen Bear River...
That we had to shimmy across on a fallen tree....(just kidding Dillon and Bronz are just goofing around but yes we did cross a frozen river.)
Finally Bren spotted the only thing he actually caught in every hunt he has gone on this year (bear, elk, deer, Christmas tree...)
I can't tell if I am lazy or just can't make good use of the time I have. I have wanted to post these pictures to document Thanksgiving 2009 and to be honest it takes alot of time to put them on this blog. I hope it is worth it Amber since you are the only one who knows that I have a blog anyway. The following are the people who had the best darn thanksgiving adventure ever. Just look at the joy in all of our faces (well except for maybe Dillon) because we love turkey that much!!!!
Climbing around on the tank and Veteran's Park
Bronwyn spinning around and around
This is the final product after slaving over hot stoves and microwaves. We had enough food to feed 12 families but everyone decided to head to Denver so we ate it all ourselves.
Here is my contribution to Win loose or Draw. Brittany guessed it was an evil seamstress but really it is just mom madly sewing aprons of all sized and styles.
Bronzee looking as beautiful as ever.
Those crazy kids!
Brittany cooking her first Thanksgiving turkey and also wearing her beautiful apron for the very first time. Don't worry, she didn't get it dirty because she only wore it for this photo.
This is our game of win loose or draw and here is Jared's version of Hannah Montana.
Lizzy won this round. No one knew what she was drawing.
Here Dillon is drawing what we think is a rabbit. He also drew a dinosaur that was spectacular.
1. I really like office supplies. Give me a good quality pen and a brand new notebook and I am in Heaven.
2. I am a bit ocd when it comes to school. I have an uncontrollable urge to get A's in all of my classes. This to me is really strange because I about flunked out of college when I was younger.
3. I am a Jacob fan, not so much an Edward fan.
4. I dream about writing a book yet all of the books I would write have already been written.
5. I really do not like folding socks that are inside out.
6. When I was younger I wanted to be a Dallas Cowboy's cheerleader but I knew that it was impossible because I was short for one and couldn't do very high high kicks for another and the real kicker was that their costumes were bikinis and you know that they are not really that modest. Besides wearing one is a privilege not a right and it just wouldn't be right for me to wear one. (I still want to be one but now have many more reasons stopping me ie. too old, too fat, and those funny little things called stretch marks.)
7. I love things that sparkle. As I have said once already if sparkle is an option choose it. I even wanted braces when I was younger because they made your teeth glitter.
8. Word Searches are one of my special talents.
9. I am a closet guitar hero hero.
10. I do not like the smell of beef jerky. It kind of stinks like beef and cheese.
You may be wondering why I am discussing social media in a blog. Well let me tell you all about it. For an assignment in my technology in the classroom class I was required to create a blog which happens to be a form of social media. Let me tell you this wasn't my idea of a dream blog. I had envisioned something more exciting and personal for my first blog. I was hoping to be witty and creative and have so many followers that I would think myself as something special.
No such luck. It turned out to by less than eventful and I find myself as the only follower. The only good thing I have going for me is that I have an awesome background that I got from the cutest blog on the block. I do happen to have one personal picture on my computer which is as you can see a great picture of Will's first elk. Well its antlers anyway, there rest of it is sitting in my freezer.
Humm I should probably get better material for my blog.